About Me

My photo
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
My name is Ambrogio Notte. I am a relatively dark and nature minded Luciferian Pagan...nuff said :-)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Anti-nationalist NOT Anti-American!

I want to make this clear from the very beginning I am NOT against America, I am against nationalism no matter which nation it is. Nationalism has a nasty way of making others seem as less important; as lesser beings. I see this often. I saw it immediately following the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon and it hasn't stopped since. When those 3,000 people died it was seen as an atrocity; the unjustifiable murder of innocent men, women, and children and I absolutely agree. However when missiles destroy entire neighborhoods in Baghdad and kill innocent men, women, and children it's called "an unfortunate consequence of war." Forget about "oh well, they had to get the terrorists" I've got news for you, often times they don't kill any of them. And with at least 100,000 people killed in Iraq since the war began you would've thought they would have killed all of them by now if the majority of victims were terrorists. Unless of course our actions are breeding more of them...hmmmmm....

Now this would never happen but just indulge me for a moment. If terrorists invaded America and the military had no choice but to engage them in urban warfare on American soil, would it be ok with you if they accidentally bombed your neighborhood and killed your family? Didn't think so. And that's where the problem with nationalism lies...it's ok to do it in another country, but if the situation were reversed it would be intolerable. It's like I said, the lives lost in other countries mean less then the lives of your own countrymen. No wonder we have barely been able to get through a single decade since WW2 without a major war on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment