About Me

My photo
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
My name is Ambrogio Notte. I am a relatively dark and nature minded Luciferian Pagan...nuff said :-)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

HRC NEEDS YOUR HELP!! MIDNIGHT DEADLINE!!

I have been informed by the President of the Human Rights Campagin that they need to raise 200,000 (much of which has already been raised) by midnight tonight August 20, 2009. I should have posted this earlier but if you're reading it and it's not yet midnight PLEASE donate as much as you can ($35+ includes online membership). This is all so that they can launch the "No Excuses" campaign in the fall to put pressure on Congress to stop their stalling and their complete failure to act on behalf of GLBT constiuents and their families.

In a related story Rick Santorum, the man who thinks education is bad for society, has made a desperate appeal to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM...ya know, the people who think Carrie Prejean is the smartest person on earth) saying that soon gay marriage will sweep the country like wildfire (err..grassfire maybe...anyway fire, something very scary to Santorum and NOM because the Devil lives in fire) and that if they don't act now DOMA is in danger of being repealed....HOLY SHIT!! HOW AWFUL!! *sarcasm* But I have to say that Santorum is more optimistic about DOMA being repealed than I am. Obama and the Dumbocrats (I know, how childish of me) can't even get healthcare passed with a filibuster proof majority. I think Santorum can rest easily knowing that the federal government is being run by a band of spineless pussies that have blown off America's gays since they took office. I doubt very much they will even repeal DADT this year which has 70+% support from the public. Believe me, DOMA IS SAFE...unfortunately.

The scariest part about Santorum is that he is a potential candidate for president in 2012, and if Obama doesn't shape up soon his office will likely be in play in three years. I guess we can always hope that by that time America will be fed up with both Republicans and Democrats and go all third party on them. But that won't happen without a major revolt, and the only people seemingly interested in a revolution at this point are the birthers, the "death panelists", and people who think Obama is an illegal alien antichrist from Kenya. Not exactly the people you want in order to have a proper revolution.

Ok enough! Just remember MIDNIGHT! Donate to HRC ASAP! PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment