About Me

My photo
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
My name is Ambrogio Notte. I am a relatively dark and nature minded Luciferian Pagan...nuff said :-)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two years later...



So it's been two years since images like this started popping up during CBS daytime programming on "As the World Turns", stealing the hearts of millions and igniting the inevitable hissy fit from the far-right. But I'm going to try and NOT let this turn into an assault on the AFA (note: TRY), this is after all a celebration not a fuck the AFA conference. I will readily admit to all of you that I was one of the millions who's heart was stolen...although not until about 10 months after the original kiss aired. Now I might start to sound a little crazy here so just bear with me. I'm not a fan of soap operas, or at least I wasn't until I found this particular story (It's called the Luke and Noah story for those of you who spend most of your time elsewhere in our solar system) and I haven't been able to stop watching since. You'd never know by my posts or by talking to me but I was born and raised as an evangelical christian and lived as one until about the age of 14. By my midteens I had pretty much shed that skin, but there was one problem...I was gay, and despite my rebellion I just knew that I couldn't be gay at least not openly. So I hid it and I hid it for well over a decade thereafter. It wasn't until I found the Luke and Noah story that I was able to see that gay love was just as real as hetero love, and could be just as beautiful (even more so given my personal tastes) and I was FINALLY able to come out.

Despite the obvious lack of any sort of physicality in the early months (we have the AFA's pressure on Proctor and Gamble and CBS to thank for that) it didn't matter, it was still a beautiful and moving story. And that is the magic of Luke (Van Hansis) and Noah (Jake Silbermann); far from the intense sexuality on "Queer as Folk" and other non-US soaps they were able to captivate us (many of us *cough* me *cough* still closeted). So I guess what I am saying is THANK YOU SO MUCH to all involved in the production of this story, (Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann inparticular) it changed my life just as it has many others and we will love you for it forever!!

HERE'S TO MANY MORE YEARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment